Founded in 1993, Baxter Planning has 28+ years of industry expertise setting the standard for SaaS in the service supply chain planning space. With a strong and growing customer base, we are developing new products and solutions as well as finding new ways to extend and enhance our established products building on our success in the market. We combine the agility and innovation of a start-up with the stability of an established, profitable, global company.
Baxter Planning is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in Spain and India. Though this role will mostly be remote, the position will be located out of our rapidly growing Barcelona office.
Joining Baxter Planning you will find that we strongly value our team members and culture as it is reflected in our generous benefits, exciting and supportive work environment, and excellent work-life balance.
In this role, as a Python Software Engineer at Baxter Planning, you will be part of a highly collaborative, globally distributed, Agile development team. You will help design and develop high-quality application features in coordination with other Software Engineers, Product Owners, UX Designers, and QA Engineers. You will participate in technical designs, write code to execute on those designs, submit and review pull requests, troubleshoot issues effecting enterprise customers, and maintain a healthy balance of velocity and engineering excellence. Every system can always be better and we expect the person in this role will participate in continuing to help improve our development practices, tools, and execution. You will learn and hone new technical skills as well as learn the complexities of global supply chain management.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy products and solutions that drive enterprise supply chain operations
- Participate in code reviews
- Work on all tiers of solution architecture – Backend, Database, ETL, etc.
- Design and build Front-end applications
- Design and build backend REST APIs serving Front-end applications
- Diagnose production issues and provide corrective measures
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience with RESTful API design and backend development Flask/Fast API
- Experience optimizing queries for either SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Some exposure to Agile methodologies, tools, and standards
- Experience with Git
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English
Attributes of an Ideal Candidate
- Experience developing with and deploying to AWS
- Knowledge of libraries like Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Poetry
- Exposure to React
- Client-side performance and optimization experience
- Highly curious and always seek to understand new parts of a complex domain
- Pragmatic and business-oriented approach to problem solving
What we offer:
- Work in a young, dynamic, and multicultural team
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Permanent work contract
- Opportunities for growth in an international company
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits
- Gym access
- Quarterly team building events