International Company is seeking an experienced Lead Legal Counsel to join their growing team.
You will work directly with the Chief Legal Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer and will play an integral role in contributing to the Company’s future growth by overseeing all legal aspects of our business.
You will be part of a team that is passionate about developing novel diagnostic tests for the early detection of cancers. As part of the team, you will be in a Company that aims more than to become one of the leaders in the industry.
How you’ll contribute:
• Drafting, negotiating, and managing legal review of commercial, licensing, and employment contracts (clinical trial agreements; master service agreements; supply agreements; consulting and confidentiality agreements; research collaborations; commercial agreements, labor contracts, and other strategic agreements).
• Managing the workflow and prioritization of the contracting process assisting with compliance matters.
• Providing clear, practical, and timely advice to Leadership and to other areas of business on a variety of legal matters.
• Sharing support for Human Resources on employment law-related issues.
• Keeping informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization and calculating potential legal-related business risks.
• Demonstrating business acumen, intellectual curiosity, creativity, and thought leadership on relevant legal, regulatory, and industry issues.
What you’ll bring:
• A Master's degree in Law or an equivalent professional qualification as a lawyer obtained in an EU Member State.
• 6+ years of experience as associate or counsel at a large law firm, in a corporate law department.
• Significant experience in the life-sciences industry, preferred in the in vitro diagnostics space.
• Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts, with an emphasis on understanding life sciences transactions and associated intellectual property issues.
• Experience with collaboration agreements and commercial contracts with complex IP frameworks.
• Proven experience working on contracts under Corporate and Commercial US Laws.
• High level in written and spoken English, including legal drafting.
• Familiarity with common employment law in the USA and Europe.
• Familiarity and experience with data protection matters in the USA and Europe.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to navigate complex legal and regulatory environments.
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.