Global Chemical Manufacturing company is looking for a IT Security Engineer for their new technological hub in Barcelona.
At Hays we are experts in the job market and have been promoting the world of work in Spain for more than fifteen years, and more than fifty years globally.
We are helping to recruit talent for a high growth Multinational Company with Headquarters in Switzerland, leader in the Chemical Business sector.
It is a leader organization in Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) and specialized Product Solutions (SPS), offering a wide portfolio of products aimed at a variety of end markets.
Our client´s MCS business is a world leader, targeting six target markets: hygiene, home and personal care, paints and coatings, crop protection, material protection and wood protection. MCS draws on industry-leading regulatory expertise, the broadest set of bioactives, and the widest range of registrations in the world, which are critical to maintaining the integrity of its customers' products.
Additionally, their unique SPS business provides high-quality, complex chemical products and technologies to customers in a variety of industries within its three divisions: performance chemicals and intermediates, composite materials, and custom development and manufacturing organization.
Currently our client is opening a new Technological Hub from scratch in the plain centre of Barcelona and they are looking for a IT Security Engineer who will be a technical leader to support the implementation and integration of information security solutions through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration. This role will:
- Understand areas of risk exposure in technology design and architecture;
- Assist cross-functionally with corrective actions to mitigate and reduce technology risk and vulnerabilities;
- Build and maintain security tooling and services to support the expanding needs of the Information Security organization.
- Lead the design, implementation, and testing of security solutions and services (including both production support and associated documentation)
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure
- Conduct technical evaluations to identify coverage gaps in existing information security toolsets
- Work cross-functionally to effectively manage and develop security monitoring, sensor enrichment, and tuning solutions.
- Respond to and investigate Cyber Security Operations Center and security tooling alerts (e.g., EDR)
- Establish and implement vulnerability scanning processes and prioritize remediation efforts
- Establish and lead the network, wireless, and web application penetration testing program
- Implement and establish data loss prevention tools and techniques
- Secure configuration management (partnering with OT Security Engineer, as needed) - proactively monitor security levels of IT/cloud systems and establish baseline security models including patching, vulnerabilities, CIS, and end point controls
- Participate in architecture and design reviews with IT and development/DevOps staff to incorporate effective security standards into design
- Support Identity and Access Management solutions (e.g., SAML/SSO, MFA, Zero Trust design principles)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CISO
What you need to Apply:
- Experience aligning system with applicable risk management, cyber security, and compliance frameworks (e.g., ISO 27XXX, Swiss Data Protection Act, EU GDPR, GxP)
- Coding experience in one or more general purpose languages (e.g., C#, Python, Ruby) and Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Security experience in Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS cloud environments
- Experience implementing security practices in CI/CD environments
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills (e.g., documenting technical runbooks/procedures) in English.
- Possesses outstanding oral and written communication skills in English. Business fluency in German would be desirable.
What do we offer:
- A stable contract directly with our client
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- The chance to participate in one of the most innovative and pioneer technological projects in the chemical sector
- A hybrid working model with flexibility
- The opportunity to join a global chemicals company having a role with international visibility.
If you are interested in this role, don´t hesitate to apply so that we can get to know you better! #1085627