At Orange Bank we have built a bank based on a microservices architecture which are developed and maintained by Back End developers embedded in several delivery squads, each aligned with a specific Business Domain.
All Back End Developers are transversally managed by the “Back End Chapter Lead”, a key role in the IT organization who manages his/her chapter staffing and provides the developers under his/her responsibility the right tools, technical solutions, best practices and processes, in order to build a consistent platform across all squads.
- Get involved in the day-to-day work of the different squads, providing knowledge and experience to help in decision making, solutions to implement, how to face different technical and business challenges and solve technical doubts.
- Supervise the code of other developers, pair-programming with them and, in general, do whatever is necessary for the teams to progress correctly, both in form and substance.
- Actively participate in the selection of programmers for the squads, whether they are Orange Bank staff or collaborating companies.
- Be autonomous and take decisions in all matters relating to Back End matters.
- Have both technical and business cross vision to make decisions, know dependencies and share information with other teams.
- Homogenise the way of working and advice to the squads.
- Demonstrable experience with microservices architecture and event asynchrony.
- Experience with Kafka and event buses with Rabbit MQ is desirable.
- Experience in managing technical teams having evolved from Back-end development positions.
- Strong interlocution with multidisciplinary technical and business teams.
- Technical skills
- Experience developing microservices with Spring Boot 2.1, at least one year of Spring Boot 1 is required.
- At least one year of practical experience with Java 8 and at least theoretical knowledge of Java 11.
- Acquired good development practices, especially with ATDD and TDD methodologies.
- Experience working in Integration and/or Continuous Delivery environments with Jenkins.
- Experience in security tools/libraries will be an asset.
- Experience in the banking sector is a plus.
- Leadership and decision-making skills in building components.
- Curiosity for being update and testing new technologies.
- Fluent English required
- Ability to operate on own initiative with a proactive attitude, within the directions and limits of the Bank's management and policy.
- Ability to understand and adopt business requirements.
- Experience working in an agile environment adapted to a regulated organization.